Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Informal Letter Thanking Boss for Approval of Transfer

Dear Mr. Chad,

Greetings from Honolulu! I hope you are well.

How are things with the department? I hope they are delivering their reports on target.

I would just like to thank you for considering my request, I know it was a difficult decision on your part and from a manager's standpoint to have me out here instead at the Main Depot. I didn't have enough time back then to personally thank you for approving my job transfer. But I would like you to know that I am truly grateful.

Its been very sunny out here lately, and I'm glad to be working close to my family. But I do miss the office pub around the corner, and the free beers on Mondays.

If you ever get to visit our area, on duty or off-work, please do give me a call. It would be my honor to invite you for dinner.

Sincerely,
Rupert Fuchs

No comments: