Monday, July 27, 2009

Sample Paternity Leave Letter Due to Wife's Premature Delivery

An example paternity leave letter for Dads having their babies sooner than expected. Preemies are the best surprises, they come into the world too soon and they take too long to leave the hospital, requiring mom and dad to take an extended leave of absence at work.

Dear Sir,

I am filing for an early paternity leave from June 5-June 12, 2010. My wife went into premature labor around 4am, she is now due for a C-section this morning. As luck would have it, we will be having our baby a few months earlier than intended. Unfortunately, I am unable to come for work starting today as my family needs me at the hospital.

I have advised Martha Sussex, Manager of the Marketing Department to take over the project meetings I have for today. Gratefully, she has accepted the responsibility to oversee the projects under my account throughout the duration of my leave.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Theodore Labour Payne

No comments: